Thursday, December 25, 2014
Dogfish Head Seasonal Artist Jermaine Rogers Signed Label Contest
It's a Christmas Miracle! Yep. Another contest. First of all, thanks so much to Dogfish Head for supplying each of their seasonal beer labels and to Seasonal Artist Jermaine Rogers for taking the time to sign each one for me!
Dudes and dudettes, this little project took some time, so no whining about having to answer questions that take a little thought. "This is too hard and time consuming!" Boo-hoo! There are not any other places to get this prize, not even eBay, so suck it up! (Seriously, I was warned about selling just the unsigned labels on eBay, and these have the artist's signature!)
Pick 3 of these 5 questions and answer them in the comments (if you have problems commenting, email the answers to me, which I will publish in the comments, so no matter what they will be seen). And don't try to copy other entrants' answers--it'll be pretty obvious. There will be at least a few winners, but depending on the number of successful entries, I'm not sure how many. I'll pick winners based on correct answers, clever answers, answers with real thought. I am the judge--whatever I say goes and is final. I will try not to change rules, but heck, maybe we'll add in some "culinary curveball" or some "cutthroat crap" along the way. (Questions are below label pictures.)
Again, you need to get 3 correct, so if you're not sure about an answer, it's OK to answer more just in case. And it's also OK to enter more than once, but you need to have different answers for each entry (which should be "cake" with these multiple-answer and opinion questions). And if I can't figure out who gave the answers, well, you're shit out of luck. Be sure to give me an email or Twitter or some way to know how to contact you. Contest ends 12/31/14 at midnight and I'll pick the winners on New Years Day!
1. Name two other Dogfish Head Label Artists.
2. This is the third seasonal artist that I have had a contest with, though the first two didn't have their work featured on the seasonal labels (they had done others prior). What brewery labels and artist specifically do you think I should approach to sign his/her labels for a next contest? Basically, which labels do you think are cool and who designed them? Links to pictures would even be a plus (PS. Don't stay Ralph Steadman and Flying Dog).
3. Name two significant Florida craft beer events (news, brewery openings, etc) that happened in 2014.
4. Here's another opinion one. Look at DailyBeerReview.com and give an honest opinion in 2-5 sentences (grammar should be pretty understandable). What do you think needs improvement? What is good? Say what you want as long as it's honest (and publishable).
5. Which of the 4 Jermaine Rogers labels above do you like the best and why? Do you think Dogfish Head should continue putting the work of their seasonal artist on the actual seasonal labels?
Thanks a lot for participating.
Update 12/29/2014: Thanks to Jermaine for publicizing this contest on his Facebook page and calling DailyBeerReview "the monster beer blog"! My comment and email inbox just exploded. I guess I really will need to make some hard decisions for winners this time!!! Thanks to everyone that took the time to answer the questions and play along.
Update 2/1/2015: Winner Chris sent me a picture of the labels mounted next to some coasters that match. Very nice!