Monday, December 14, 2015
Dogfish Head Seasonal Artist Rich Kelly Signed Label Contest
In 2015, Dogfish Head Seasonal Artist Rich Kelly was the second artist to have his work portrayed on the actual bottle labels. Of course you remember the awesome work from last year's artist Jermaine Rogers! Prior artists like Marq Spusta and Tara McPherson also created awesome seasonal prints - their work, however, was not displayed on those corresponding labels, though they did do other labels for Dogfish Head. FORT is actually out in 4-packs right now (with Tara McPherson's label.)
So. Who's ready for another contest? For simply answering a choice of a few open-ended questions, you have a shot at a set of all four of Rich Kelly's signed 2015 labels. I'm pretty sure there is no other way to grab such a cool and unique item! Heck, give it as a gift if beer art isn't your thing.
In addition to his work for Dogfish Head, Rich has done numerous posters for bands and movies such as Phish, Dave Matthews Band, The Black Keys and Django Unchained. Be sure to check out his site, and at least for now all of the prints for this year are still available for purchase.
Answer (at least) 3 of the 5 questions below before midnight next Sunday 12/20/15 (whatever time zone you're in is fine). The following day I will pick some winners - the prize is a set of each signed label. There will be at least a handful of winners assuming there are that many that took the time to leave thoughtful answers. Be creative and fun!
Don't copy other answers that come before you, especially since these are mostly opinions. Do leave a way to get in touch with you should you win (I'm not The Amazing Kreskin). If you can't answer in the comments for some reason, email your answers to DailyBeerReview@yahoo.com. But keep in mind that I will cut and paste them into the comments, so your email will not be anonymous. If there are any issues, I'll make up some new rules along the way. That's how I roll.
READ THE QUESTIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS! Don't answer what you think should have been asked. Remember, thoughtful, creative answers.
1. Of the four Rich Kelly seasonal labels, which is your favorite and why?
2. If you've had the opportunity to try Dogfish Head's beers, which is your favorite and why? If you haven't tried any because they are not available in your area, go to Dogfish.com and use your imagination.
3. What other beer labels have caught your attention? Why? Brewery, beer, artist (bonus if you can figure the artist out)?!? Your answers will inspire future contests and I WILL contact that brewery and artist for similar fun.
4. This Artist is R. F. Kelly. Use your imagination, look at his art and write a sentence stating what you think that "F" could stand for based on his work. If you write two sentences fine. Three is too many though.
5. If I were to visit your city for a day, what 5 craft breweries would you suggest I tour and taste. Why?
Thanks to my buddy Big Momma at Dogfish for helping me out with the labels for this contest! Thanks to Rich for agreeing to AND coming through with the signed labels. And thanks to you guys for participating!
Next Sunday is the deadline. Remember, there's no reason to wait to enter. There can be multiple winners and your answers should not look like anyone else's anyway!